Pages

Saturday 26 May 2018

How I Met My Best Friend!

Image result for best friend png
It all began on a beautiful lovely day in a town of Lako. I was staying over at my grandmother’s house because, my mum and dad were out of town for a month. I was just asleep, but heard kids playing outside my window, so I finally woke up. I got changed and brushed my teeth and went to go find my grandma. “Look what I made for you’’ grandma shouted. “Yum, BROWNIES!’’ I shout. “Yep I made them just for you!’’ grandma replied. “Thank you” I say and head off to eat one. “Grandma?’’ I ask. “Would you mind if we head to the park, I mean it’s a lovely day outside?’’ I say politely. Grandma started thinking, I thought she was going to say no at first. “Sure!’’ grandma says. “We’ll take the brownies to the park as well’’, and so we headed off.

When we arrived at the park, I was so happy! “Why don’t you make some friends you know… have fun?’’ grandma asks to me. I smile at my grandma and run off to the playground. I made a lot of friends, mostly because I said hello to everyone (that was playing on the playground), and they said hello back...except for one girl. She didn’t seem happy that I was there. I went up to the lonely girl and said hello. The lonely girl said hello back. “Umm… are you okay?’’ I ask the girl. The girl screamed and ran off. Everyone was looking at me. They probably thought that I heart the girl’s feelings or something. I just embarrassed myself in front of everyone (that were on the park)

I told my grandma about what happened. After that we went back to my grandma’s house. That night, I laid in my bed, thinking of what I should’ve said than “Are you okay?’’.. I had so many feelings and thoughts in my head, I fell asleep. As the days past and I started going to the park more often. I’d always see the same lonely girl, swinging on the same swing. Even if I’d walk up to her, or try to say sorry, she’d always run away. Eventually my grandma and I stopped going to the park.

13 Days Later…
I was sitting on the couch, minding my own business while my grandma was cooking some brownies. Until I hear a knock at the door. I get up and open the door to see who it is... I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I was completely froze again. I tried to talk but I couldn’t, it was too hard for me. “Well, hello’’ my grandma says. “Hello’’ the girl replies. Grandma looks at me, I look back at her. “He….l….loo…’’ I say. I just embarrassed myself in front of the girl’s PARENTS! “So, what are you doing here?’’ my grandma ask. “We’re just here to stop by and say sorry’’ the girl’s parents reply. “Sorry for what…?’’ grandma asks. “They’re here to say sorry because the girl kept running away from me!’’ I reply back. Again I embarrassed myself, what a total dumpster. My grandmother, and the girl’s parents were shocked. I apologize to everyone. “What’s your name?’’ I ask the girl, and for the first time… the girl replies with a different answer!! “My name is Rose’’ rose( girl) replies. I asked Rose a couple of more questions. Rose and her parent’s head off back to their home. I smile at grandma. “Looks like you’ve made a friend’’ grandma says. I go back to sit on the couch, while my grandma goes back to making the brownies.

Rose and I have been hanging out a lot. Now I know why she would always run away from me at the park, but that’s another story. I’ve learnt more about the lonely girl…. Well…. Not exactly lonely but now I can call her my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment